A while back I was nominated for the Liebster Award, and I’m now finally following through with what that entails. Before I start, I would like to thank anyone who has stopped in and read my material, commented, liked, and even followed since I started. A special thanks goes to LitaKino, for without her, I would not be writing this post. Thanks LitaKino!
To the questions!!
- What made you start your anime blog?
Well, I’ve always wanted a small café or business, the kind where everyone knows each other, etc. I honestly want to start a YouTube channel, as videos are easier to watch and tend to attract more customers 😉 but I thought I’d start solid with a blog first, then build up from there if I got more into it. The blog also functions as a file for my anime adventure through time and space, logging my exact opinions the moment I finish a show!
- Ice cream or pie?
Ice cream for sure – I always like picking at a good ol’ slice of pie, but for some reason I can never finish it!
- What is the most expensive thing anime-wise you have bought?
If we’re talking single items, then that would be Sentai Filmwork’s recent Collector’s Edition release of Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, which cost me about $80.00. For complete series, I own Aniplex of America’s DVD release of Fate/Zero Seasons 1 & 2, which cost me about $130.00. Both totally worth the purchase though!
- What other hobbies do you have?
I collect anime, play the cello, competitively swim, and read, write, draw, and play guitar on the side. I’m never bored.
- What is your current opinion on how the world is?
Preface stage. There is a lot of tension building up everywhere, good and bad, and I know it’s leading up to something terrifyingly gigantic that will change our world on a global scale . . .
- Do you have a favorite genre of anime you like to watch?
I really enjoy intense psychological thrillers that change my perspective on the world. But after watching them, I force myself to watch something fluffy or slice-of-life afterwords. They both come hand-in-hand.
- Is there an anime character you really would like to cosplay?
Too many to count! Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan), Saber (Fate/Zero), Shion (No.6) and the list goes on. However, I will be wearing a Tennouzu First High School uniform from Guilty Crown as a casual cosplay for Shu Ouma!
- What is one anime thing you are stalking to buy currently?
Log Horizon: Collection 1 on Blu-ray. It will be mine.
- Do you think wordpress is an easy blog site to use?
I’ve never been good with web design stuff, so considering that I’m finding my way around it quite well must count for something!
- Do you have any favorite anime reviewers you love to follow?
I love to follow all of my followers and then some on this blog! On YouTube, the infamous Arkada of Glass Reflection. He’s been an idol for a while now. I also enjoy stalking Slightly Otaku from YouTube with their anime unboxings and hilarious thoughts.
- Do you have an anime crush?
I’d be lying if I said no, but I’d be a hooker if I said yes because I crush on everyone boy and girl LOL. Sinon (SAO II), Saber, are to name a few . . . I’ll save the rest for a later date 😉
Facts about me!!
- I’ve always wanted a YouTube channel, but I’ve never started for some reason
- I tend to like most of all things related to anime – Yaoi not “un-included”
- If you do not stop me – I will buy it
- While I run this little café, I actually don’t care much for straight-up coffee. It’s good, sure, but yeah
- I’d be willing to sacrifice possessions, memories, and even a few people (I’m not crazy I swear!!) just for a long rainy day
- If I could be in any anime I’d be in A Certain Scientific Railgun’s Academy City as an esper
- I occasionally enjoy chick-flicks, my favorite being Monster In Law
- When I eventually do, I want die EPICALLY (again, not crazy at all)
- I do this little Anime Movie Theater with my siblings where I pick 5 to 10 shows, print posters, they buy tickets that fund the anime I buy, and we watch them together >.< otakus unite! The next Theater Premiere is this summer and it’ll probably be one of our last 😥
- I’ve been trying to write my own light novel series, as I can draw, but a manga would take forever. Like the Survey Corps and the Titans, I’m fighting a losing battle
- I love wedding cake and Steins;Gate is real.
Heads up, I will recommend these people regardless of them having 1,000 followers or not.
And now for a few people whom I nominate, as they deserve to be read from more often:
Danineko’s Otaku Blog – the cute blog of a South African otaku
The Otaku Judge – a reviewer with truthful things to be said about a variety of shows
tcondon1 – “review all the things” great day-by-day episode reviews
Rocco B – though they’re not anime I’m watching, humorous episode reviews and just overall thoughtful
thelimitlessimagination – ponderous thoughts in a fan-loving shoujo style
ZeAnime – interesting news in the anime and Japanese community
Shay-shay’s Anime Blog – blogger with cool topic ideas and just fun reads like challenges and fanfic
LitaKino – back at ‘cha for fangirling to the max and for being an awesome blogger friend
If you’ve already been nominated and you’re on the list, no problem, just comment below with a link to your Liebster Award Nomination post because I want to read it! If there is a question here that you feel the need to answer, feel free – comment away! 🙂
Questions for my nominees (again, you can simply comment below with an answer to one if you have already been nominated):
- What is your favorite Japanese animation studio?
- What do you do for fun besides anime stuff?
- Cats or dogs?
- Yaoi or Yuri >.< or none!?
- What was the first anime you have watched?
- What do you like most about anime?
- Do you see yourself still with anime ten years down the line?
- What do you think of fanservice in anime?
- What anime made you scratch your head for a while?
- Do you recommend anime to non anime fans around you, or do you keep it to yourself?
- If this café served actual beverages/food by an anime character to you, what would you order and from whom??
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
You all have such interesting blogs; each having something to admire! I would like to thank LitaKino again for the nomination – it’s such a wonderful thing for a small-town blogging community. I have had a lot of fun writing this, and I hope you have had fun reading this! Catch me in my anime reviews and as always, until next time, this has been
– Takuto, your host