Hi all, I couldn’t have been happier to, after finishing my lengthy Code Geass review, be celebrated with a nomination. It’s the Liebster Award, it has come back again . . . WOOT! Today’s nomination comes from HimAwARi of One Stop for all EnterTainmenT who if I am correct just started up their blog in June. Though still early, there are a few notable top anime lists for certain genres, a couple reviews, and some other life posts for you all to check out on their blog. Keep up the great work, and thank you so much for this nomination!
Now let’s get these questions rollin’:
1. Favorite YouTuber
Dammit. Alright, I’ll have to go with Slightly Otaku. They are a zany trio of anime fans that unbox anime. The three are hilarious, and function best when they’re all there, but due to a recent hospital fee(s), they’ve had to cut back and sell off a few. I recently bought a Psycho-Pass limited edition box from Adrian, the one who owns the collection, to support his channel. I think they’re back in business now! Even though videos aren’t put up often, I still have been getting kick outta them for what, 2.5 years now? They’re fantastic, and you should join their 3,224 subscribers as soon as you can for instant hilarity!
2. Cats or Dogs?
Cats. Most dogs just . . . bother me.
3. Most favorite anime opening or ending song.
Wow, you’re really on a roll, aren’t you? Hehe, naw, just kidding. At this exact moment, I can’t stop listening to Kalafina’s “Heavenly Blue.” It’s the opening for ALDNOAH.ZERO.
4. Most favorite quote
This one’s actually from an anime which I’m sure you’ve all heard of: Ouran High School Host Club. In one episode, the observant Kyoya -senpai goes on to explain the pros of having different personas at the Host Club, to which he remarks, “It’s all about variety.” I’ve taken this quote to heart ever since I noticed it the second time around, and have applied it to trying new, different things.
5. An anime/manga/movie character you resemble the most. (not physical features)
At this moment and probably for the foreseeable future, Shu Ouma. Introverted, creative with music, and usually thrown into mayhem when he’d rather be alone . . . unless he’s quietly in the club room with a cute girl . . .
6. Most favorite soundtrack.
Right now, since everything seems to be temporary with me, I’ve still got the kicks from Code Geass‘s orchestral epicness! I’ve been listening to this thing with a few friends as we played some RPG. Fantastic stuff ~
7. Swords or Guns?
It depends, really. Mami Tomoe – bring out the gun fight! Sinon, you too! But then you got Kirito and Tales of franchise. Hmm, I’ll have to go with guns for now . . . I mean, swords . . . sure . . .
8. How were you introduced to anime?
Like the Otaku Judge said, “we have porn to thank for my love of anime.” For a better “grasp” on the situation, read here.
9. Which is your favorite sports?
Swimming. I’m on the small team where I live and it’s pretty fun.
10. On a range of 1-10 rate on how much you socialize with people.
I’d say I’m a solid 5. Come up and chat with me and we’re all fine and dandy, but I won’t go out of my way and force myself into conversation if I don’t have to.
11. Which genre do you prefer the most?
Do I prefer? Well, I prefer any anime that actually gives me a complete god damn story at this point xD! But I tend to lean towards that mind-blowing or set in a dystopia.
Now for the nominees. Since I’ve already nominated people in the past, I’ve just got a few, and here they are:
If you’ve already been nominated and you’re on the list, no problem, just comment below with a link to your Liebster Award Nomination post because I want to read it! For everyone, if there is a question here that you feel the need to answer, feel free – comment away! 🙂
Questions for my nominees (again, you can simply comment below with an answer to one if you have already been nominated):
1. What do you think of mecha anime?
2. What is one trope in anime that you haven’t got tired of yet?
3. *gasps* The wind just flipped her skirt up, what do you do?!
4. Magic or science, anime-wise?
5. What is one club in an anime that you wish you could be a member of?
6. Current favorite anime OP/ED?
7. What is one of your favorite endings to a movie/anime/game/book?
8. If you could travel back in time and give yourself a piece of advice, what would it be?
9. Suppose you had an infinite amount of time to rewatch one anime, what would you choose?
10. How often do you read manga?
11. If this café served actual beverages/food by an anime character to you, what would you order and from whom??
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Thank you so much HimAwARi for allowing me to reflect with this nomination – I wouldn’t be writing this post if It weren’t for you :D! I hope you all enjoyed reading, stay awesome, and until next time, this has been
– Takuto, your host